So today I thought it would be a good idea to document all the work I’ve been doing to get my automation test framework up and running with version control and a Continuous Integration build server. I came to the blog site and remembered that the upgrade to PHP version 5.6 had caused a few more issues than it fixed. So I’ve managed to get the blog site back up and running, but the theme is a little … black and white!
So at the moment I have a lot of things going on in the tech world concurrently. The main ones being
- Creation of a game (primarily for the children on Android)
- Creation of an Automation Test Framework Core
- Creation of Automation Test Framework project specific tests
- Updating the build system to cope with the building and testing using the Automation Test Framework and the Unity game projects
- Fixing the WordPress Blog site (blog.shadowpuma.com)
- Fixing the main website (www.shadowpuma.com)
- Fixing the PHPBB Forum site (forum.shadowpuma.com)
So first thing was first and I tackled the WordPress blog for the Shadowpuma combined site. Regardless of what page I attempted to get to there was a PHP error around security. Using an FTP client (FileZilla) I connected up and changed a few permissions on the files being highlighted in the error messages. This wasn’t enough.
So I decided to do a manual upgrade to the latest version (after taking backups of both the webpages and database back end).
It was surprisingly easy to do following the instructions on the WordPress site!
The Shadowpuma theme had become very outdated so I changed it to the latest twenty-sixteen theme and so here we are.
Amongst all these updates I’m still keeping an eye open on the job market for any Software Engineer roles in the Gaming Industry. There is also the usual daily chores to get through, and most of all I have to keep active so this weight drops off again. I haven’t been able to do the usual non-eating thing yet because of all the events of the year that requires the need to receive sweets and cakes. Fathers Day being the latest of them! But the Jelly Beans, Jelly Babies, Humbugs and Skittles did all taste yummy. They are all gone.